Shelagh & Naomh Malachi Notes: March 23rd
Shelagh & Naomh Malachi Notes: March 23rd
- Well done to all who took part in the Annual Pat Gogarty Charity 5km Fun Run/Walk on St Patricks morning. All monies raised will be presented to the Irish Cancer Society and SOSAD in the coming weeks.
- Congratulations to the local Conversational Irish group (Ciorcal Comhrá) on their recent Gathering for Seachtain na Gaeilge in Naomh Malachi clubrooms. An enjoyable night was had by all. Conversational Irish group weekly meetings continue in the Naomh Malachi clubrooms on Thursday evenings from 8pm. Beginners welcome. Contact Clare 042 9377137. Free.
- Congratulations to local lad Tiernan Gonnelly who has been a valuable member of the Dundalk Rugby Club’s huge success this year. Tiernan has picked up a McGowan Cup medal, Leinster League 1st and 2nd Team medals as well as an All-Ireland Junior Cup medal. Dundalk RFC are still in the running for the Towns Cup and we wish them and Tiernan all the best in their upcoming clash with Clonmel.
- Condolences are extended to the family and friends of Kathleen Walker (nee Murray) on her recent passing. Condolences are also extended to the family and friends of Seamus Tiernan, Dundalk. Seamus was a former teacher in both the old and new Shelagh NS from 1953-1963.
Shelagh National School
– The Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Scheme provides a free year of early childhood care and education for children of pre-school age. The Department of Children and Youth Affairs stipulates that children are eligible for the ECCE scheme if they are aged over 3 years 2 months and less than 4 years 7 months on 1 September of the year that they will be starting. Any parents who would like to enrol or get information on the Early Childhood Care and Education Scheme (ECCE) in Scoil Bhríde Shelagh and wish to seek information or enrolments for ECCE Pre school year, Sept 15/16/17. Please contact school on 042 93 77510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Board of Management and staff would like to extend their condolences to the family of Mr Seamus Tiernan, a former member of our teaching staff. Ar dheis Dé fo raibh a anam.
- Grand Easter raffle will take place on Monday, March 25th.
- School closes for Easter holidays on Friday, March 27th at 12.30pm. Reopens on Monday, April 13th.
Shelagh Youth Club
- Tuesdays – Drama- Unfortunately the Class is now full. The children will be staging ‘Frozen’ after Easter. More details to follow.
Adult Zumba Class 8-9pm. Next Class will be on Mon 16th due to St Patricks Day.
Thursdays – Kids Zumba class 6.30pm to 7.30pm. Cost €3 per child. The class will run until Easter and then break until September.
Friday night club- Over 9s club every second Friday.
The club will be closed over the 2 weeks of the Easter holidays.
New members are always welcome from Shelagh and surrounding areas. For more information contact Blinne 0877833592.
Naomh Malachi CLG
- Naomh Malachi suffered defeat in their opening league fixture of the season. Glyde Rangers opened their league campaign in buoyant fashion thanks to a second half display in a sun-baked Courtbane. Playing into the wind in the first half, the Tallanstown outfit held a four-point advantage at the break and ran out comfortable winners by the final whistle. Full-Time: Naomh Malachi 0-4 Glyde Rangers 2-12.
- Congratulations to all who took part in the recent match in memory of former team mate Keith Rogers. The game between the 2002 and 2015 Naomh Malachi teams was a fitting tribute to Keith’s memory.
- Best wishes to Kevin Rogers and Lisa Cumiskey who have emigrated to Australia, and to Niall Bird who has departed for London.
- Louth GAA Easter Camps take place from 31st March – 2nd April for ages 6-12. Camps will take place in Dowdallshill. Cost €15. Contact Micheal (087 2695290).
- Club membership is now due. Contact Sean (087 9689045).
- Anyone interested in upcoming Code of Ethics, Youth, and Foundation courses, contact Micheal (087 2695290).
- Lotto Results 22-Mar-15. Jackpot €7500. Winning Numbers: 1, 4, 11, 18. No Winners. Match 3 Winners: Ita Murphy c/o David Rogers, Micheal Murtagh c/o Micheal Murtagh, Loretta Malone c/o Pat Matthews, K McShane c/o Pat Matthews, Peter Lynch c/o Pat Matthews, Aisling Casey c/o Peter Rooney and Muriel Gorman c/o Packie Gogarty. Each receives €20. Next lotto jackpot is €7500. Draw date: 05-Apr-15.