– Beginners Irish dancing classes for children aged 5 upwards continue in Naomh Malachi from 4pm-5pm each Monday. This fantastic initiative encourages Irish culture and exercise in our youth and community. First class will be free; €20 per month thereafter.
– There is an anti litter initiative planned for the greater Shelagh community in the coming weeks. Louth County Council are providing litter bags, gloves, hi viz vests etc to our community, to assist in this clean up plan. It commenced on Saturday 25th February, with the Shelagh road, from Turn Pike to the Border. All rubbish bags will be ferried to Naomh Malachi for storage until collection. We would ask that all adult community members could spare some time on this morning to lend your support to this worthy cause, and help to keep our roads free of litter, and maintain the good image of the greater community. All volunteers should assemble in Naomh Malachi at 8:00am on March 4th, where you will receive the required pack to allow us to complete this task safely. The plan would be to repeat on all other roads in following weeks, so we would encourage all community members to participate and to help share the work load, and we will all benefit. Please spread the word!!
– Saturday night music continues in Naomh Malachi on March 4th with Gary Keenan providing the tunes, while the clubrooms will be open for the All Ireland Club Finals on St Patricks Day with music by Man in Black. All welcome.
– Shelagh Ladies Club are having Kay Callan to give a talk on health and well-being on Wednesday, March 1st at 8.30pm in Naomh Malachi. All are welcome.
– Saturday night music continues on March 4th with Gary Keenan providing the tunes, while the clubrooms will be open for the All Ireland Club Finals on St Patricks Day with music by Man in Black. All welcome.
– We will be hosting our first ever ‘Cúl Camps’ this summer on August 14th. This is great news for all the local children who are participating in Gaelic Games in the area, and testament to the incredible work that is being done at underage level by all. Maith síbh go léir!
– Club membership is now due and closes on March 31st. Adults: €50. Family: €75. Students/OAPs: €25. Your annual subscription contributes greatly to the running of your club. Contact Ruairi Daly. All members will be published on the website accordingly and will be included in our annual draw for All-Ireland tickets.
– Lotto Results 26-FEB. Jackpot €7500. Winning numbers: 2,3,5,27. No winners. No Match x3 winners. Thank you for your continued support. Next lotto draw takes place on 12-MAR.
– Caoga: The Naomh Malachi Story documentary DVDs are available to purchase for €20 from the clubhouse or else contact Ronan Lynch for further details.
– Our club shop section has been added to the O’Neills website where you can purchase club merchandise (https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/ireland/naomh-malachi-gfc.html). A portion of the revenue from these sales will go back into the club.
– Football training continues on Tuesday and Friday evenings from 8pm under Paul McShane. All players in the area are welcome to train. Contact Fra for further details.
– Thank you to those who bought and sold the GAA National Draw tickets. All monies raised will go back into the club development. Go raibh míle maith agat go léir.