– Jive lessons commenced in Naomh Malachi on Monday, 13th February at 8pm with over 100 people turning up on the first night! A fantastic dance teacher is on hand to get you all right up to date with the jiving craze that is sweeping the country currently. All ages and skill levels welcome to come and take part in a great evenings fun! The classes will continue for the coming month. All welcome!
– Beginners Irish dancing classes for children aged 5 upwards kick off in Naomh Malachi from 4pm-5pm on Monday 20th February. This fantastic initiative encourages Irish culture and exercise in our youth and community. First class will be free; €20 per month thereafter.
– There is an anti litter initiative planned for the greater Shelagh community in the coming weeks. Louth County Council are providing litter bags, gloves, hi viz vests etc to our community, to assist in this clean up plan. It commences on Saturday 25th February, and will start with the Shelagh road, from Turn Pike to the Border. All rubbish bags will be ferried to Naomh Malachi for storage until collection. We would ask that all adult community members could spare some time on this morning to lend your support to this worthy cause, and help to keep our roads free of litter, and maintain the good image of the greater community. All volunteers should assemble in Naomh Malachi at 8:00am on February 25th, where you will receive the required pack to allow us to complete this task safely. The plan would be to repeat on all other roads in following weeks, so we would encourage all community members to participate and to help share the work load, and we will all benefit. Please spread the word!!
– Ciorcal Comhra has recommenced following their New Year break. Meetings every Thursday night in Naomh Malachi from 8pm. All welcome. Fáilte!
– Saturday night music returns to the club on February 18th. Details will be announced in the coming weeks.
– Well done to the players and management on their opening day victory over Cuchulainn Gaels on Sunday on a scoreline of 3-10:1-08. Next up is a trip to Rathmullen to face St Nicholas on Sunday morning at 11am. All support appreciated.
– Sincerest thanks to Louth County Councillor, Tomás Sharkey for this recent donation to the club as part of his allocations.
– Naomh Malachi will be hosting our first ever ‘Cúl Camps’ this summer on August 14th. This is great news for all the local children who are participating in Gaelic Games in the area, and testament to the incredible work that is being done at underage level by all. Maith síbh go léir!
– Club membership is now due and closes on March 31st. Adults: €50. Family: €75. Students/OAPs: €25. Your annual subscription contributes greatly to the running of your club. Contact Ruairi Daly. All members will be published on the website accordingly and will be included in our annual draw for All-Ireland tickets.
– Caoga: The Naomh Malachi Story documentary has gone on sale. DVDs are available to purchase for €20 from the clubhouse or else contact Ronan Lynch for further details.
– Our club shop section has been added to the O’Neills website where you can purchase club merchandise (https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/ireland/naomh-malachi-gfc.html). A portion of the revenue from these sales will go back into the club.
– Lotto Results 12-FEB. Jackpot €7500. Winning numbers: 9,11,20,26. No winner. Match x3 winner: Gareth McElroy c/o Ronan McElroy receives €100. Next lotto draw on 26-FEB. Many thanks for your continued support.
– Football training has resumed on Tuesday and Friday evenings from 8pm under Paul McShane. All players in the area are welcome to train. Contact Fra for further details.
– Thank you to those who bought and sold the GAA National Draw tickets. All monies raised will go back into the club development. Go raibh míle maith agat go léir.