– (Ciorcal Comhrá) Conversational Irish group weekly meetings continue in the Naomh Malachi clubrooms on Thursday evenings from 8pm. Beginners welcome. Contact Clare 042 9377137. Free.
– Congratulations to Seamus and Aileen Kane (Ballybinaby) on the recent birth of their baby boy, Matthew.
– 50 Shades of Fashion presented by Inniskeen Ladies Football Team takes place on Friday April 24th at 7.30pm in Inniskeen Social Club and promises to be a great night of the latest female and male fashion from local Boutiques. Tickets available at €10 by contacting 087 9017843 or 089 4833579
– Ian and Deirdre McEntegart (Cavananore) are holding a Coffee Morning on Wednesday, April 8th in aid of the North Louth Hospice and a brilliant charity called Aoibheanns Pink Tie who do some amazing things for children with cancer. The Coffee Morning takes place at their house from 11am-1pm and all are welcome. There will be plenty of nice things to eat and a raffle at the end. Teas and coffees are being kindly sponsored by Adrian Conlon from the Brew Crew. Any baking you could bring would be very welcome. All donations are gratefully accepted.
Shelagh National School
– The Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Scheme provides a free year of early childhood care and education for children of pre-school age. The Department of Children and Youth Affairs stipulates that children are eligible for the ECCE scheme if they are aged over 3 years 2 months and less than 4 years 7 months on 1 September of the year that they will be starting. Any parents who would like to enrol or get information on the Early Childhood Care and Education Scheme (ECCE) in Scoil Bhríde Shelagh and wish to seek information or enrolments for ECCE Pre school year, Sept 15/16/17. Please contact school on 042 93 77510 or email@example.com.
– Winners of Grand Easter raffle were: 1st Prize: John McArdle c/o Dearbhla Cowan, 2nd Prize: Elaine Holland c/o Aoibheann Matthews, 3rd Prize: Martin Dooley c/o Erin Finnegan. Congratulations to all our winners and thanks for your support.
– School reopens after Easter holidays on Monday, April 13th. Happy Easter to everybody from all at Scoil Bhríde, Shelagh.
– A big thank you to all who participated in the recent Naomh Malachi Hair-Raising Fundraiser! The generous donation of €500 towards our new IT Suite is much appreciated.
Shelagh Youth Club
– Tuesdays – Drama- Unfortunately the Class is now full. The children will be staging ‘Frozen’ after Easter. More details to follow.
Adult Zumba Class 8-9pm.
Thursdays – Kids Zumba class 6.30pm to 7.30pm. Cost €3 per child. The class will run until Easter and then break until September.
Friday night club- Over 9s club every second Friday.
The club will be closed over the 2 weeks of the Easter holidays.
New members are always welcome from Shelagh and surrounding areas. For more information contact Blinne 0877833592.
Naomh Malachi CLG
– Division 3: Sean McDermotts vs Naomh Malachi in Mountrush on Sunday, April 12th at 3pm. All support welcome.
– Anyone interested in upcoming Code of Ethics, Youth, and Foundation courses, contact Micheal (087 2695290)
– Training for U6, U8 & U10 begins on Friday, April 17th at 6pm in Naomh Malachi. All young children within the community are welcome to attend. Contact Fra (085 7316878).
– The Annual 100km cycle will take place on Sunday, May 31st. Watch this space for details of the 4 Counties Cycle over the coming weeks. On Your Bike!